Environmental Health Services include:
The purpose of the Environmental Health program is to protect the health, safety and well-being of the public and to preserve and improve the quality of the environment.
- Permitting, inspection, and approval of septic tank systems
- Compliance/inspections of permitted wastewater systems (water wells)
- Permitting and inspection of regulated food and lodging establishments (restaurants, motels/hotels, temporary food stands, child care centers, recreational water facilities, schools)
- Permitting, inspection, and approval of manufactured home communities
- Permitting, inspection, and approval of tattoo and body piercing establishments
- Permitting and inspection of campgrounds, parks
- Investigation of foodborne illness outbreaks
- Investigations of public health nuisance/food complaints
- Food safety education classes
*Water testing kits are available at our office for residents to test well water for safe drinking. A minimal fee is charged by the West Virginia Office of Laboratory Services for testing.