Provided Health Promotion Services
Information and classes on a variety of healthy topics, promotional campaigns, brochures, and flyers are used to help education the community on health issues. Services include:
- Health education to schools for students, parents, and staff
- Education provided to individuals and agencies/groups on most health subjects upon request.
- Classes are available at various times throughout the year on Hand Washing, Smoking Cessation, and Car Seat Education.
- Educational booklets and pamphlets are available free of charge on certain health topics.
- 100 Miles in 100 Days
Jackson County Health Department invites YOU to particpate in 100 Miles in 100 Days Walking Program. Each person will strive to walk one mile per day or 100 miles in 100 days. Join us from April 1 - July 16! Click for Registration Information and get your Tracking Log!
- Car SeatsThe Health Department is also home to two nationally certified and trained Car Seat Technicians. They will be more than happy to check your car seat to make sure it is installed correctly - or they can install one for you FREE of charge!
To request a health education class or to inquire about having a car seat installed or checked, please call the office at
- Poison Control
West Virginia Poison Control Center - provides poison prevention and poison center awareness activities and materials. For information or materials, please visit www.wvpoisoncenter.org .